Our Beginning

In the fall of 1946, a group of people along with Pastor Paul Tidball withdrew from the East Liverpool First Baptist Church because they did not want to be associated with the Northern Baptist Convention and the National Council of Churches. Church services were held in the home of Pastor Tidball until a room was rented on January 3, 1947 on the corner of 4th and Market Streets–the beginning of the Tri-State Gospel Mission.

For some time church services were held every evening. From that location, the church moved on December 5, 1948 to a larger room in the Purinton Building on Market Street. On November 19, 1949, ten lots were purchased on Montana Avenue. Ground breaking took place on April 18, 1951. On Palm Sunday, April 6, 1952, the Tri-State Gospel Temple was officially dedicated to God for His glory.

The name of Tri-State Gospel Temple was changed to Heights Bible Baptist Church on March 30, 1957. Then in 1962 the church changed its name to Pleasant Heights Baptist Church.

We continue to be an Independent Baptist Church that is opposed to modernism and secularism. We still preach, study, and believe the old 1611 King James Bible to be the preserved word of God. We still maintain a stand for traditional music in our worship services

 

Previous Pastors